THE CHAMPION CHALLENGE
The Champion Challenge is a 45 day performance focused nutrition and training challenge. The goal... raise your game and get results.
This is CrossFit, not Weight Watchers. Loosing fat and gaining muscle are still great objectives and obvious metrics for change, but this summer it is time to TRAIN LIKE A CHAMPION.
It is all too easy to let your workouts become just that... working out. Turn on the Olympics or CrossFit Games and the difference between "working out" and "training like a Champion" will be very clear.
It is all about shifting the focus and intent of your training
Imagine YOU will be the one walking into that arena in 45 days...
- How are you going to approach your workouts?
- Will your nutrition drive your training... or support it?
- Will you focus on loosing weight... or fueling your training efforts?
- Will you supplement clean eating with proven nutrients to maximize your results?
- Will you make optimal recovery the priority that it should be?
- Will you bust ass in the gym and then tank a bottle of chardonnay with dinner?
- Will you obsess about the cream in your coffee being "paleo"... yet only sleep 5 hours?
- Will you prepare for your WOD or show up late, tired and dehydrated?
- Will you stay an extra 15 min to work on your weak areas?
- Will you only train 2 or 3 WODS a week? What about your competition?
- Will you record and track your training?
- When you get a spare minute will you work on stretching & mobility or Facebook?
- What will you do about sitting in a chair 8 hours a day?
- Will you make small lifestyle changes that could have big gains?
Nutrition, training and lifestyle are ALL critical components of your fitness... but what is the "cart" and what is the "horse?" By kicking your training up a notch will your nutrition follow?
That is the challenge... that is what we want you to test for 45 days.
No one's path will be the same. Use the challenge criteria as a starting point and take it is far as your want.
We strongly believe in the pillars of Paleo nutrition and thus it remains the core nutrition prescription for the Champion Challenge. We also believe strongly in supplementation. Whether it is fish oil or protein powder, even the best nutrition can fall short, whereas you can greatly benefit from "supplemental" nutrient intake.
Driven by your overwhelming interest in proper supplementation, we have recently committed to the Advocare premium product line as CFNA's official in-house brand of superior supplements. We have also assembled several unique "bundles" designed for different goals.
Since our Lockdowns are true testing grounds, the Champion Challenge is the perfect platform to introduce these products and let YOU decide what works best for you and your goals. Game on.
The 45 Day Prescription
The four prescriptions for the Champion Challenge are below. Go here for the specific competition criteria.
Basic Paleo [unweighed / unmeasured] It is right. Dial it in and walk the line.
- meat, fish, fowl, eggs,
- vegetables, nuts, seeds, healthy fat
- beans / legumes
- sugar, bad fats
IN MODERATION... if you must
- fruit, dairy, alcohol
Choose from one of the Supplement bundles / Challenge Teams we have put together based on your goals for the challenge.
Get back on track. Cleanse, Rebuild, Chart your course.
Fuel your training to the next level
Fill in the common cracks of your Paleo foundation.
* GPP ... General PALEO Preparedness
What's Paleo? This is probably for you. Start with the basics, a GPP approach to tackle the most important and challenging aspects of paleo nutrition.
Train like a CHAMPION. Train like you are preparing for the CrossFit Games.
- Commit to your schedule 2x, 3x or 4x a week.
- We are going for 100% attendance or more*
TRAIN with PURPOSE
- Don't just workout.. TRAIN
- Increase intensity, crush WODS
RAISE THE BAR
- Keep a journal
- Set goal for benchmarks.
- Set one strength goals.
- Overcome 1 goat movement
These might be the most important
REST & RECOVER
- Rest on rest days. Allow your body to repair.
- Don't over-train
- Sleep 8 hours every night. Focus on sleep quality and duration.
- Stay hydrated.
- Let go, disconnect, unwind, HAVE FUN!
- Play outside at least 3hr/wk with friends, fam or join a team
- HAVE MORE SEX (a lot more!)
- Athletes compete. Competition produces amazing results
- Sign-Up for a CrossFit competition
- Sign-Up for a race, run or bike
- Do something out of your comfort zone
MAKE ONE DAILY FITNESS CHANGE
Change one aspect of your daily life like...
- turn your desk into a standing desk
- avoid elevators... stairs only
- ride your bike to work